Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Drive.

So. My mothers birthday was a few days ago and I had to figure out what to do. 
Either: A movie, Going out to eat, and so on.
In the end I decided to go for the best daughter award and do both things with a balloon and cake thrown in.
So first thing I did was drive to a restaurant.

Then BAM!

[the following is my interpretation of an atomic bomb]
 Right before driving her to the restaurant I had gone to an ATM to get money out. 
I don't know why but once at the restaurant I went into my purse to look for my wallet.
It was not there.
Of course I had a panic attack, felt like dying, and realised how my whole life is inside my wallet.
So of course I did the logical thing. I bolted from the restaurant while my mom was talking to the waitress.


I then retraced my steps got in my car and drove like a maniac back to the bank and scanned the roads for a red little wallet. 
I was super mad/freaking out. I got out of my car rushed to the ATM and looked around. 
After a few minutes of frantically searching I realized I had lost it.
My hear broke. 
OK maybe not all that but I felt utterly terrible.

I then drove back to the restaurant and when I got there I had to brace myself.
I tend to loose things all the time, but this time I had lost my wallet, I was ready to hear the fireworks. 
I sit down and tell her.
Her face just freezes.. she then reaches down picks up her purse and...

She had my wallet the whole time. 
She confessed she didn't even know she had the wallet.
She also said she thought I had left to go buy her a balloon.

 After that little episode at the restaurant we went to the movies.
Once at the movies I got my sister to distract my mom and once again ran.
This time however I had not lost anything. Thank goodness.
I later came back with a balloon half my size.
I got the balloon and tied it around her purse.
We spent the rest of the day hearing random strangers congratulating her on her special day.

We also had cake.


The End.






No comments:

Post a Comment