In college there is no such thing as "simple."
I have a one-pager due today. A ONE PAGER. Sounds simple enough. You have to type up a page. Not double spaced but none the less it is significantly less than the usual 10 page papers.
But since everything in college is complicated, I can't make all the information that I am supposed to be talking about fit in that one page.
So well played professor, well played. You made a simple assignment complicated.
Monday, March 19, 2012
Friday, March 16, 2012
So recently, while I was in my own little world, my sister said something that got my attention.
She said, "I learned about putting condoms on bananas."
Now that is what I call an attention grabber.
I am not old enough that I forgot what middle school was like. So it completely dumbfounded me that they would be teaching this to 7th and 8th grade girls. That's more of the thing you joke about, or see in movies.
I can honestly say I never even did that. All I remember is the teachers herding all the girls one day and making us sit on the floor in a room as they rolled in a TV and played a video for us. I suppose they did the same for the boys, but they were in another room.
But yes, after hearing this from my sister I had to investigate some more.
Me: You put condoms on bananas?
Her: No, they talked about it though. But if we had I would have lost my appetite for bananas.
Me: Why were they talking about that?
Her: Well technically the teacher wasn't talking about that she was just talking to us about condoms. But the girls behind me in that class were. And they were 7th graders.
Me: So they were talking about putting condoms in bananas?
Me: So a student brought that up to the teacher?
Her: Yes, the teacher said we weren't going to do that because she would also loose her appetite for bananas.
Me: So they just brought this up randomly in class, or what?
Her: No, it's a class I take every Friday it's called Big Decisions.
I would type up a summary of the whole conversation but it was quite lengthy so I will just list a few things that I found amusing.
- The girls from her class were saying they want to "suck bananas."
- My little sister is very naive in some aspects which is good.
- The girls in the class think the teacher has no experience in the matter since she doesn't understand what some of the things are. Plus they think she is gay.
- There are different names for the girl thing as well as the guy thing. Exp: peanut, pickle, his lollipop etc..
- There has to be a lot of rubbing for the girl to get pregnant.
But the most memorable thing.
"The teacher doesn't know anything about it and she is teaching this class. She is clueless. She doesn't even know what some of the words mean. I don't even know what some words mean!"
Conclusion: This new generation is far too advanced. But at least they are teaching them.
Monday, March 12, 2012
Monday, March 5, 2012
What I have been doing lately:
- Attended a Gym Class Heroes concert.
- Had a duet with Travie McCoy.
- Changed my life goal to becoming a world famous rapper.
- Realized I can't rap, or sing, or dance, or choreograph. Fail.
- Attempted to drive, talk on the phone, drink a smoothie, breath, and drive a standard car all at the same time.
- Almost had a car accident.
- Drove around town with a car full of balloons.
- Attempted to pull an all-nighter.
- Attended a Deaf event.
- Started planning my Spring Break.
I'm not going to lie, it took me a while to come up with all of these things.
On a side note. How did you spend your extra day of the year??
Since we are only given this extra day every four years, Feb. 29 was a day in which you should of let loose. You were given an extra 24 hours to go nuts! Go crazy! Do something you wouldn't have tried on a regular day.
Or at least I hope you took advantage of it. If not then you and I are on the same boat. I was probably the most practical and ordinary person that day. I should of gone nuts, but oh well, there is always the next one.